Soups are perfect meals for cool winter nights. Add a nice green salad and crunchy bread and your meal is complete. Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a fall favorite in our house!! Having the toppings in individual bowls is perfect to let each person customize their bowl of soup. Less whining at the dinner table is always a good thing in our house!! Enjoy your meal when you walk in the door when you use your slow cooker. We hope you enjoy this easy and versatile soup recipe.
Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe Pin It Above or Print Below:
- 4 quarts water ~ hot (not boiling)*
- small onion – chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 – 10 medium potatoes (peeled and cut in ½ inch chunks)
- Chicken Base powder*
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz shredded cheese
- If you don’t have access to powdered chicken base, 4 quarts of broth will work, too.
- Add 4 quarts hot water to crock pot.
- Add chicken base powder to desired flavor.
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 – 6 hours, until potatoes are soft.
- Mash potatoes ( I use hand masher) until all potatoes are fine pieces.
- Add 1 cup milk and 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well. (if you want soup any thicker, slowly add instant mashed potatoes, if you are not careful, you will have loaded mashed potatoes, if that happens, just thin with more milk)
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream (we used ranch dip), real bacon bits and more cheese. Enjoy!!
- Easy and yummy!!
Be sure to follow us on -> Pinterest! What is your favorite fall Crock Pot recipe!