Do you know what Pierogies are? They are pasta filled with potatoes and cheese. Our favorite brand is Mrs. T’s. They come in a lot of different flavors, even sweet potato. Casseroles are a mainstay when cooking for for a big family. They help keep the grocery bill down and clean up is much easier.
This casserole was created by my husband. He is a master at opening the refrigerator or freezer and dreaming up yummy things to eat. We had some leftover taco meat from salads this week, so he through together this tasty casserole. It’s quick and easy and can be tailored to any taste. Husbands that cook rock!
- 12 Frozen Pierogies (Mrs. T's work best)
- 2 - 12 oz bags frozen veggies of your choice ( I like California Blend)
- 1 lb ground meat
- Taco seasoning (make your own)
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Thaw pierogies as directed on package. Cook ground meat, drain and season to taste. Thaw veggies.
- Place pierogies on bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Top with vegetables and meat. Cover top with cheese. Cover pan with foil and cook for approx 20 mins until cheese is melted and all ingredients are heated through. Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes to brown cheese. Enjoy!