This post is brought to you by LifeOil.
10 Tips to Eat Light & Move More is a jump start to our healthier lifestyle goals! Are you trying to make healthier food choices in 2014? Want to get up and move around more? We are planning on cooking light and moving more in 2014!
My husband and I are committed to eating healthier and moving more, this year. I am a firm believer in making small changes to get big results. Changing the foods you eat, preparation methods and ingredients in those foods is a simple place to start. Moving more can be made in small increments throughout the day. Just do it!
Eat Light- 5 Easy Changes for a Healthier Lifestyle.
- Cook More Meals at Home – planning meals and shopping with a list will save you time and money. Eating meals at home gives you control of ingredients and portion sizes.
- Use Lighter and Healthier Ingredients – switch to low fat dairy products, use leaner cuts of meat and eat more whole grain foods.
- Bake, Broil or Saute while cooking. The deep fryer is in the trash! We have switched to Life Oil for recipes and cooking.
- Limit Snack Foods – keep fresh fruit and vegetables on hand for snacks. Drink more water!
- Cut Down on Salt – do not add salt to cooked foods. Use more herbs and spices for flavoring during meal preperation.
Move More – 5 Easy Changes to start moving more in 2014!
- Decrease Screen Time – Limit all screen time to less than 3 hours per day (excluding work hours)
- Plan Time to Excercise – block out time in the daily schedule to take care of moving more.
- Go for a Walk Daily – a brisk 2o minute walk each night is a great time to move and reconnect with your partner.
- Support Each Other – a kind word or gesture will go a long way.
- Just Do It – if you seriously want to lose weight for you, make the mental attitude changes and get it done!
To support our Healthy Eating Goals we have been using LifeOil over the last few weeks in our cooking and recipes. LifeOil is a powerful blend of other natural oils. Each oil in the blend has it’s own unique benefits: Sunflower oil is antioxidant rich and has a high smoke point making it perfect for frying, baking and roasting. Olive oil helps lower levels of blood cholesterol leading to heart disease.
LifeOiL is also high in mono- and polyunsaturated fats and low in saturated fat which helps support healthy cholesterol! LifeOil is a great all round oil perfect for a lighter choice inr frying, baking, roasting or as a salad oil. Stop by Walmart or Albertsons to grab some Life Oil today. Here’s a short video to learn about the healthier attributes of Life Oil.
Life Oil has generously offered a giveaway to one of our lucky readers. You have the chance to win 3 bottles of Life Oil to jump start your 2014 light and right! Enter below and good luck!