Cheesesteak Stromboli is a huge hit with my family!! With a few simple ingredients you can make this filling meal at home for a fraction of the cost of takeout or delivery. Best of all it fills up my teenage son (which can be a task in and of itself these days) and its easy on my budget as well. I love that I can make this to suit anybody’s taste in our house! While your at it, make a few extra and freeze for a meal later in the month. Enjoy!
Be Sure To Pin Cheesesteak Stromobli Above Or Print Below:
- Refrigerated pizza dough (whole wheat dough at my Walmart for $1) or 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 Steak-umms or ½ lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 green or red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 4 oz canned or fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Press dough out on a lightly greased baking sheet to cover entire sheet.
- Sauté peppers,onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- Cook meat until brown,
- Place meat in middle of bread dough. Put peppers,onion and mushrooms on top of meet.Cover with cheeses. Fold over bread dough and pinch ends. brush top of dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder if desired.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.Let stand for 5 mins. before slicing and serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
Be sure to follow us on -> Pinterest!! What is your favorite version of Stromboli?